Responsible Business – Let’s take responsibility
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years.
Rezidor hotels practice Responsible Business (RB) in the following 3 areas:
- Think Planet: Minimizing environmental footprint
- Think People: Taking care of the health & safety of guests and employees
- Think Together: Respecting social & ethical issues in the company and community
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organisation supported by the Rezidor Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the foundation is to defend the rights of the child and promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children all over the world.
Green Key eco-label
The Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, Istanbul has been certified with the Green Key eco-label since February 2012. Green Key is a specialized eco-label for hotels and tourism facilities that promote sustainable tourism and is an external recognition of this hotel’s environmental actions in energy and water savings, waste management, environmental management, guest involvement and more. Green Key is the largest global eco-label for accommodation, with over 1,800 awarded establishments in 29 countries worldwide.
RB activities and achievements of this hotel include:
- Blood donation in cooperation with Turkish Red Crescent Society
- Collecting books for schools in Eastern Turkey
- Collecting dead batteries for proper waste disposal
- Collecting waste papers for a foundation that provides medicine and nursing to the impoverished
- High school painting in Ortaköy
- Placing cards in bathrooms to remind guests to conserve water
- Sea Water Cooling System
Download Green Key Information (PDF)