Responsible Business - Let's take responsibility
Accommodation in Lyon Strives to be a Responsible Business
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a programme called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, environmental improvement, employee well-being and health and safety. That commitment continues with Responsible Business at this accommodation in Lyon. To read more about the RB programme, please visit Responsible Business
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organisation recognised by the Rezidor Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of Childhood is to defend the rights of the child and to promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children at risk all over the world.
Following are some of the Responsible Business activities and achievements of this accommodation in Lyon:
- Regular training for all employees to increase awareness and importance of the Responsible Business programme.
- Collection of paper, used batteries and plastic capsules for recycling.
- Donations to the most impoverished areas (toys, shoes, blankets, mattresses, pillows, etc.).
- Several blood donations throughout the year.
- Mailing to encourage suppliers to adhere to the Responsible Business programme.
- Site inspection of various recycling plants.
- First aid training for voluntary employees.
- Search for an ecological label specific to the hotel industry.