Responsible Business - Let's take responsibility
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a programme called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, cultural heritage, employee and children’s rights, health and safety and environmental improvements.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organisation supported by the Rezidor Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the foundation is to defend the rights of the child and promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children all over the world.
The Radisson Blu Hotel Toulouse Airport has been certified with the Green Key® label since 2009. The Green Key® is a worldwide eco-label awarded to leisure organisations such as hotels, conference and holiday centres, campsites and leisure facilities.
RB activities and achievements of this hotel include:
The hotel follows the reduce/reuse/recycle rule to cut back on waste.
- Guests can elect to reuse towels and bed linens.
- Suppliers are asked to decrease packaging.
- Brochures, menus and other handouts are printed on both sides when possible.
- Clothes are donated to charities such as a social centre for people in disadvantaged situations.
- Frying oil is collected for reuse by a certified company.
- Paper, cardboard, glass, plastic bottles, printer cartridges, magnetic cards and batteries are recycled.
- Lights in public areas have an energy-saving night mode.
- The hotel uses energy-efficient light bulbs.
- A formula is followed by the Rezidor Hotel Group to address safety and security issues: Threat Assessment, Risk Evaluation, Incident Response and Crisis Management and Communication (TRIC).
- All staff are trained in fire alert management and evacuation.
- Dedicated staff are trained by the French Red Cross in emergency first aid, including use of a Heart Start defibrillator.
- Annually during the "Clean Nature" operation, a staff team spends a day cleaning the Garonne River.
- Employees, customers and other companies are invited to donate blood annually at the hotel.
- Every year in September, which is Responsible Business Month, the hotel raises money to sponsor the World Childhood Foundation.
- Staff donates clothing for charity.
- The hotel sponsors Handi Club Stade Toulousain Rugby, which belongs to the French Handisport Federation that welcomes disabled adults into sports.
- Together with guests, the hotel extinguishes all lights during Earth Hour in March.
The hotel offers guests the opportunity to:
- Draw curtains to retain or exclude heat depending on weather.
- Offset carbon emissions associated with their stay through the Club Carlson loyalty programme.
- Put used batteries in the collecting boxes at reception.
- Switch off all appliances when not in use.
- Use cards placed in the rooms to let staff know it is not necessary to change sheets and towels every day.
- Use public transportation (bus, train, tramway, shuttle) for sightseeing or local transport.