Responsible Business - Let's take responsibility
Socially Responsible Business at Luxury Dusseldorf Lodging
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of The Rezidor Hotel Group broader commitment to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a programme called Responsible Business. Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, environmental improvement, employee well-being and health and safety.
Our hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and The Rezidor Hotel Group corporate international charity organisation, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of Childhood is to defend the rights of the child and to promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children at risk all over the world.
This Dusseldorf lodging is an environmentally and socially responsible business:
- A Golf Gala was sponsored, complete with snacks and drinks. The donations gathered went to support the mentally and physically disabled undergoing emergency treatments at Franz-Beckenbauer-Stiftung.
- Five peeled asparagus that customers bought market towards a donation. Altogether, 1000 EUR donated to the parents' initiative Child cancer assistance for the University clinic Düsseldorf.
- To encourage hotel employees to ride bicycles to work to cut down on vehicle emissions, the hotel provides a bicycle stand in a safe location for their convenience. As optimization for our employers we placed a stand for bicycles in the garage.
- The Radisson Blu Media Harbour Hotel, Dusseldorf donated a dinner and drinks voucher, towards the Deutsches Rotes Kreuz Tombola supporting public kitchens for children, under the Kindertafel project.
- HEAM, along with our hotel staff will paint all the parents' rooms of the child cancer station in the University Hospital of Dusseldorf. This project is a part of the parents’ initiative child cancer assistance for the University Clinic Dusseldorf.
- This hotel is officially the godparent for a girl in Africa, in cooperation with Plan International.
- The hotel donated a dinner voucher (three course menu), with corresponding beverages and an overnight stay in a suite to First Class Hilft, where it will be auctioned for the lowest bid of 450,000 EUR.
- Save the children box.
- This hotel adheres to and promotes the RB philosophy. All employees go through responsible business training.